WEEKLY WISHES #11
Hello! Happy Monday! Just popping in for a quick Weekly Wishes post after a pretty relaxed weekend. After two back-to-back out of town weekends, it was nice to just stay home. Our local area is having it’s Restaurant Week and so we took advantage on Friday with a lovely night out at the Colonial – this was our first time and we’ll for sure be back! Binghamton/ The Southern Tier has really knocked it out of the park with restaurants opening in the last couple of years. Add that to the fact that we’re getting a DSW, well, everything just seems to be coming up Milhouse.
The rest of the weekend was pretty low key. Even though it’s almost April, it’s still frigidly cold. I really like to get started this time of year with getting the outside of the house ready for spring, but there is no chance of doing that until the snow is all gone. To get my fix, I started with a major spring clean inside. Piles were made, destinations were found for previously unhomed things, charities are coming to pick up appliances! It’s all very satisfying to a clutter-averse person like myself.
Reviewing the goals from last week:
1. Get another set of cards ready for print. Not so much. I really wanted to finish these up but (as with a lot of things) the process took longer than expected. This week for sure!
2. Start and finish 2014 taxes. Done like dinner. Matt and I both finished our taxes last Wednesday and they’ve been dropped off to the accountant. And as always, I’ve vowed from here on out to be better organized tax-wise so that this time next year isn’t such an ordeal!
Now on to this week:
1. Get another set of cards ready for print. Bringing this over from last week.
2. Add some recent work to the portfolio. I’m pretty bad at this. Unless it’s something I’ve designed for the print shop, I’m never great at putting up recent stuff from my client work. Going through my taxes helped me to remember some past projects from this year that I should really add to the portfolio!
3. Get some travel plans in order for April. April is a crazy month for us. Between taxes, the Easter holiday, Matt’s birthday and our wedding anniversary, there are a lot of things happening! It’s time to get April scheduled and figure out where we’re going and how we’re getting there!
What are your goals for this week?